DOWNLOAD FLYER FOR THIS SERVICE
Starting Feb. 2 there will be a new way to get around the River Parishes.
The River Parishes Transit Authority is proud to introduce a new, flexible and on-demand public transportation system that will allow small buses to pick up and drop off residents for travel within the River Parishes. Rides will need to be booked 24 hours in advance through the reservation system. These shared-ride public buses will take riders to the places they care about within the parishes - Work, shopping, appointments and more!The concept is simple, easy and convenient:
- Call (877) 651-1171 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Service will be available Monday-Friday, 5:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. The cost is $2 each way.
- Let the reservationist know where you would like to be picked up and dropped off at least 24 hours in advance.
- The reservationist will give you a window of time for your pick up.
- Wait for the RTPA bus to pick you up and take you to your reserved destination.
* Riders can book a return trip at the same time. They can also book recurring appointments on a weekly basis with a single call.
The service will begin with three 12-passenger vehicles operating from 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Service will be provided in St. Charles and St. John the Baptist Parishes. St. James residents can contact the local St. James Parish Transit office for assistance in scheduling a connection between St. James Parish Transit and the RPTA. The St. James Parish Transit telephone number is (225) 562-2352 and the Web site is http://www.stjamesla.com/James/ProgramsTransportation.htm
RPTA will also help in scheduling connections between the RPTA and St. James services.