Procedures for Water Service Installations
An applicant may apply for water service installation at either the Waterworks or the Planning and Zoning Office
. Before water service is installed, the applicant must provide the following:
- Identification: Personal picture identification such as a driver's license or state ID. If the applicant does not have a picture ID, a social security card may be used.
- Permits Required: A Planning and Zoning Building permit, if applicable, and a sewer service installation permit or a written connection approval form from the sewer department.
- Service charge (see below for applicable fees)
- Meter deposit (see below for applicable fees)
Application Fees: An application form for service installation must be completed. The property owner is required to sign the application.
New Water Service Installation Fees
METER DEPOSIT ***
|5/8 x 3/4 inch *
|5/8 x 3/4 inch (second res. for irrigation)
|1 inch *
|1 inch (second res. for irrigation)
|2 inch * **
|3 inch * **
|4 inch ** ***
|6 inch ** ***
|8 inch ** ***
|Fire hydrant meter (non potable water)
* Meter furnished by district
** Customer must install and maintain a reduced pressure backflow preventer, and a strainer is required in front of all 2-inch and larger meters.
*** Customer must have meter installed. District must be notified prior to tapping the main.
**** A deposit must be made before a meter can be opened for service. Industrial Customers
must install a backflow preventer regardless of meter size.Service Policy (Existing Unlocated Services)
Service will be reconnected at the current connect fee provided the existing service can be located. If a service cannot be located, the current installation fee for a new service will be charged. Water Meter Installation Policy
It is the policy of the Department of Waterworks not to install water meters beyond the ends of existing water mains. Meter Size Upgrades
Most upgrades to a larger size service will require the installation of new service. Requests for an upgrade will be referred to a superintendent for verification before it can be accepted. Upgrades shall be referred to the sewer department for adjustment of sewer charges. Any service 2 inches or larger must have a backflow preventer installed before it can be reopened.