IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORT PLEASE VISIT WWW.SCPWATERQUALITYEAST.COM OR WWW.SCPWATERQUALITYWEST.COM.
- All exposed pipes should be insulated and shielded from the wind. Exposed piping underneath a house or in the walls should be protected by draining. Houses on slabs do not need protection if the piping is in the slab. The supply line must be protected by wrapping with insulation, newspaper or old clothing. Ply board, felt roofing, plastic or cardboard can be used for shielding.
- To drain piping, close the valve on the water supply line and open all faucets. Draining will only work if pipes slope evenly.
- When the water supply is to be shut off, the hot water heater must be turned off. The valve on gas heaters should be set to the "pilot" position. Electric heaters should be turned off at the switch box.
- In order to keep the meter from freezing, the meter box cover must be kept in place with the lid closed.
- If customers feel the need to leave water running during freezing weather as a means of preventing frozen or burst piping, you should expect an increase in your bill as a result of this action. The Department of Waterworks recommends that water pipes should be insulated and shielded from the wind as the primary mean of protection, and should use flushing only as a last resort.
Department of Waterworks
P.O. Box 108 (301 Third Street) Luling, LA 70070
Simply enter your account number and make your payment, it's that easy! There will be a $3 convenience fee charged by Official Payments Corporation for payments made online or by phone. Payments are limited to a $200 transaction (not including the $3 convenience fee).
Disclaimer: Payments must be made by 10 p.m. for them to be received and processed the next business day. If your payment is made after 10 p.m. it will be received and processed in two business days.
PLEASE NOTE: If your service has been disconnected, you must pay in person at our Luling office for your service to be restored the same day. If your service is due to be disconnected today, or has been disconnected, you MUST pay in person at our Luling office for service to be restored the same day.
Payment by phone: 1-877-309-4919
Customer Service Inquiries: 1-800-487-4567
- Waterworks Office, 301 Third Street, Luling, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays
- All Capital One Bank branches in St. Charles Parish, 24 hours a day *BEGINNING NOV. 1, 2013 CAPITAL ONE WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PAYMENTS.
- Outside Depositories
- 301 Third Street, Luling
- 14924 River Road, New Sarpy
(Payments deposited after noon processed the next working day.)