The St. Charles Parish Public Works Department’s mission is to provide the best possible roads and storm drainage systems to ensure the safety and security of parish residents and their property. Public Works maintains and improves critical parishwide infrastructure: Roads, storm water pumping and grass cutting on parish property and rights-of-way.
- Public Works maintains over 195 miles of roads of varying surfaces such as concrete, asphalt and limestone.
- Public Works maintains over 390 miles of drainage ditches / subsurface drainage and over 50 miles of major conveyance canals.
- Public works maintains and implements improvements to 49 pumping stations.
- The St. Charles Parish pumping network consists of 115 pumps (electric, diesel, natural gas and hydraulic) with a capacity of over 3.6 million gallons per minute.
- Seventeen pumping stations are equipped with telemetry.