The St. Charles Parish Department of Public Works' mission is to provide the best possible roads and storm drainage systems to ensure the safety and security of parish residents and their properties. (Wastewater mission statement coming soon.)Contact InformationSt. Charles Parish Department of Public Works
Phone: (985) 783-5102 | Fax: (985) 725-2250
E-mail: General inquiry e-mail address coming soonSt. Charles Parish Department of Wastewater
Wastewater Director L.J. Brady
Phone: (985) 783-5100 | Fax: (985) 725-2253
E-mail: General inquiry e-mail address coming soonOffice Location
100 River Oaks Drive
Destrehan, LA 70047Public Works East Bank Yard
168 Trosclair Lane
New Sarpy, LA 70078
(985) 764-9531Public Works West Bank Yard
166 Scorpio Street
Hahnville, LA 70057
Emergency Operations Center
(After-Hours): (985) 783-5050
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
Public Works Maintenance Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wastewater Maintenance Hours: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.Public Works and Wastewater Staff Directory
Latest Reports, Videos and DocumentsAboutPublic Works
maintains and improves critical parishwide infrastructure, including
oads, storm water pumping and grass cutting on parish property and
- Public Works maintains over 195 miles of roads of varying surfaces such as concrete, asphalt and limestone.
- Public Works maintains over 390 miles of drainage ditches / subsurface drainage and over 50 miles of major conveyance canals.
- Public Works maintains and implements improvements to 49 pumping stations.
St. Charles Parish pumping network consists of 115 pumps (electric,
diesel, natural gas and hydraulic) with a capacity of over 3.6 million
gallons per minute.
- Seventeen pumping stations are equipped with telemetry.