PLEASE NOTE: For information about upcoming sports registration dates, equipment distribution dates, game and tournament schedules and events, please see the Youth Sports news page. If you cannot sign up online and need a paper form, please contact the Department of Parks and Recreation at (985) 783-5090.
Cheerleading is available to youth ages 5 through 12. The season runs from August until November to coincide with the youth football season. Each cheer group cheers for its respective booster club's football team with a friendly cheer-off at the end-of-season championship games. Cheerleading fees vary depending on booster club.
Youth baseball is open to boys ages 5 through 18. The birthday cut off is April 30. Practices generally begin in April with the season starting in May. At the conclusion of the season, players participate in a parishwide tournament. The t-ball program includes extra games in lieu of a tournament.
Basketball is offered for girls ages 5 through 14. The birthday cutoff date is Sept. 1. Registration is typically held in October with the season running from the beginning of December to February, depending on age group. Participants in the 9-14 year old age group (parishwide league) are required to participate in a mandatory evaluation process prior to the start of the season for drafting purposes. Registration fees are determined and voted upon by the booster clubs at the Organized Team Sports meetings.
Basketball is offered to boys ages 5 through 14 years of age. The birthday cutoff is Sept. 1. The season varies between December through January and January through February, depending on age group. Registration fees are determined and voted upon by the booster clubs at the Organized Team Sports meetings.
Boys ages 5 through 12 are able to participate in youth football. Registration generally opens at the beginning of June. The birthday cutoff is Aug. 1. Equipment will only be issued if the participant can prove he is registered (via online confirmation or blue equipment card) and all equipment from the previous year has been turned in.
For more information about soccer in St. Charles Parish visit www.stcharlessoccer.com
Softball is offered to girls ages 5 through 16. The birthday cutoff dates are Jan. 1 for softball and April 30 for t-ball. Registration begins in late January, and practices begin in early April with games beginning in early May. At the conclusion of the season players participate in a parishwide tournament. T-ball participants play extra games in lieu of a tournament.
Youth tennis is open to
ages 5 through 18 at the beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. U18, U14, U12, U10 and U8 are co-ed teams including three boys and three girls minimum. Seasons are held in the fall and spring. Teams including participants under 8 years old can be made up of any mixture of boys only or girls only. Four players are needed for a team. The birthday cutoff is Sept. 1.
- How to register (three steps):
- For those age 10 and above, fill out the U.S. Tennis Association Membership Form. For those 10 and under, membership is free and can be applied for here.
- Fill out the TennisLink Junior Tennis player registration here.
- Register through the St. Charles Parish Parks and Recreation Department. If a registration period is active, the link to register though the department will be available on the Youth Sports news page.
- For information about upcoming sports registration dates, equipment distribution dates game and tournament schedules and events, please see the Youth Sports news page.
to download a packet of information regarding tennis court rules, practice plans, a parent guide, regulations and more. For more information, contact St. Charles Parish USTA Junior Tennis Commissioner Andy Rougeou
Track is offered to youth ages 8 through 18. Participants must register with Parks and Recreation Junior Olympics. Registration opens in April with the season running from May through August.
- Registration is handled through the Parks and Recreation Department. Please call (985) 331-3007 for more information.
- For information about upcoming sports registration dates, equipment distribution dates, game and tournament schedules and events, please see the Youth Sports news page.
Volleyball is offered to girls ages 5 through 14. The birthday cut off date is Sept. 1.